Old 19-06-2012, 12:17 PM
mully1999 mully1999 is offline
Registered User

Cheers for the warning

In the end I opted for a Phyllostachys Atrovaginata intermixed with Phyllostachys Bissetii, they seem to do well height wise and the Bissetti is especially hardy. We'll see what happens!

For the lower run I am going for a mix of Metake Arrow Bamboo for high density medium height and my split out Golden Bamboo as its free and seems to reach a good 12ft..

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinosum View Post
You have to be a bit careful with the name F. dracocephala, as the naming got in a mess. What is usually sold as F. dracocephala, and is what I guess you are talking about, is now correctly called F. apicirubens, though no one in the trade seems to use this name yet. F. dracocephala now correctly refers to a species which includes what is sold as F. rufa, which should now correctly be called F. dracocephala 'Rufa'. You don't want to mix these two up, as F. d. 'Rufa' is a mini-bamboo that only grows to about a metre tall...