Old 20-06-2012, 12:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Lawn Issue

alliumgrower said:

Hello, can someone help. I have a lawn that is covered in the yellow
flower shown in the photo. What can I do to remove this?

Can someone give me some tips for a healthy lawn!

|Filename: IMG_0348.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php
attachmentid=15089|

Not oxalis. I think it is likely medic, in the clover family. The flowers are
in little clusters. (Oxalis bears simple, open flowers with five petals.)

Medic a summer annual weed (in cold-winter climates), and a legume.
Seeds very vigorously.

Indicator of: compacted soil, low nitrogen, close mowing or erratic
mowing , irregular irrigation.

What you can do now:
Hand pull (lift the strands back to the center of the patch) before
it goes to seed.

http://www.msuturfweeds.net/details/_/black_medic_29/

--
Pat in Plymouth MI