Old 26-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Mottsey Mottsey is offline
Registered User

Default Lawn advice needed

Good afternoon all.

I'm very much a beginner at the whole gardening scene as I have always lived in an urban area with very little opportunity to get my fingers green.

However, we have moved into a semi detached house which has an 85ft x 35ft rear garden. There is decking covering 7ft x 35ft at the rear of the house with a small rectangular pond. The rest has been turfed.

What I need it some advice on how to bring this lawn to life. The garden does feel lumpy and bumpy under foot. We have a 3 year old daughter who I want to spend the majority of her time enjoying and taking advantage of such a big open space and make it as nice and child friendly as possible for her.

The grass isn't very green and hasn't been maintained at all. What can i do to improve the lawn? as you can see if the images below, the grass seems very dull. What products should i use and when should i use them?

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j8...y/4fa031e0.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j8...y/6e075a64.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j8...y/b102abf8.jpg

Any help and guidance is much appreciated.

Sam