Old 29-06-2012, 08:49 PM
David Fogg David Fogg is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DockLeaf View Post
hi guys im new to this, me and my wife has just bought our first house and i want to get the garden looking nice. i have discovered i like being in the garden! i need a lawnmower that gives the stripe effect at a budget price any recommendations please? thanks
Hi I hope you find the following useful. For stripes on your lawn you will need a mower with a rear roller, the heavier the better. I too am a 'stripe enthusiast' and have a Hayter Spririt mower which has a roller. It cost around £250. However because it is so light the stripes it leaves are useless. I have sorted this by putting 3 house bricks in a bag on top of the mower Job done, lovely deep stripes now that last. You might consider the next Hayer mower, the Hayter Harrier, which is a heavier mower, costs around £380. Leaves good stripes. Finally as I am sure you are aware, to get a 'nice lawn' it takes more that a good mower. I would recommend to you this book, THE NEW LAWN EXPERT by DR D G Hessayon. About a fiver off Amazon. Good luck