Old 22-04-2003, 06:21 PM
Lisa C.

Default Where to find tomato cages ?

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 23:17:46 GMT, (Don S.)
had this to say:

Hi. Is there a good source in the Raleigh area for fencing, to make tomato
cages ? The openings in the rolls of fencing wire at Home Depot and Lowes
are too small. Lowes did have one with larger openings, but it was a $75 roll
with about 350 feet of fencing on it - too much for me. The stuff I'm
interested in is 4 to 5 feet tall, with openings about 4" square. The
concrete reinforcement wire has a larger wire gauge than I'd prefer.

Thanx.....don

I bought mine last year. It took a while to find what I wanted, but I
finally found them at the hardware store tha'ts near the fairgrounds
on Hillsborough St. in Raleigh. I think it's called Burke Brothers or
something like that. You may want to call ahead of time, as YMMV.