Old 22-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Mike

Default Garden furniture security

In article , MJG martin.gil
writes
Slightly off topic I know but I was not sure where else to post this
one.

We are about to have delivered a fairly large teak garden table two
benches and two chairs.

I really would like to hang on to them and would be grateful if any
could advise or point me in the right direction as to how I might keep
these items secure.

They are pretty heavy and would be difficult to nick but nothing is
impossible.

Lifting in and out the house/garage/shed each time we want to use them
is impractical due to their size/weight.

Any ideas or tips any one.

----
MJG

(Take THEDOG out to email me!!)

If the table can stay in the same place, I recommend a, or a couple of
long bolt type things concreted into the ground and a couple of angle
brackets screwed to the table with the bolts going through holes in same
with nuts on top, then the end of the thread riveted over. For the
chairs, lengths of chain and padlocks to the table when you are not
there, removed when you are. OR do the same with the chairs, but we like
to move our chairs around.

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more