Old 01-08-2012, 07:07 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Water Lily Pads Burn @ 108 degrees

On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 16:18:39 EDT, JB wrote:

Well, it's official. They do well up to 108 and full sun but beyond that
they bake to a crisp. We hit that temperature last week and the next day
they were turning brown and becoming brittle. If like last year they'll
all die off in a couple of weeks.

Water lettuce seems to love the heat though. Normally I'm throwing them
in the mulch bin but this year the fish are going to need them for shade.

JB

I've been hearing that many ponders are putting up shade when they've never
had to before. Any chance you could do that? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us