Old 01-08-2012, 06:07 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_6_] JB[_6_] is offline

Default Feeding During Extremely Hot Weather?

On 7/31/2012 10:26 AM, ~ jan wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 16:18:53 EDT, wrote:

I've cut back on feeding my fish in this hot weather. In fact, I'm only
feeding every other day. Seems like I'd read something years back about
fish going into a restful state when it gets extremely hot. Is this correct?

I want to do the right thing and I've got plenty of food.

~jan, what say you?

Phyllis& Jim?

The biggest problem when it is hot is the temperature of the water, the
bio-bugs are not as efficient when it gets 80F and above. Though I have
noticed my fish aren't as active at those temps, but that could be due to
lower O2 in warmer water perhaps? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

So then, a benefit of not feeding as much in this extremely hot weather
is to reduce the amount of fish waste which might otherwise foul cooler
water?