Old 06-08-2012, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] smithx@btinternet.com is offline

Default More Froglets to Come?

On Saturday, August 4, 2012 7:24:58 PM UTC+1, Jake wrote:
I know it's August, middle of summer (whatever that ought to be).

I still have lots of froglets hopping around on the back lawn and in

borders (saw one today munching on a slug that was probably three

times its size).

There are still numerous late-developing tadpoles swimming around in

the pond. Whether they will come to anything I know not.

On Thursday last I added a final planting basket of plants to the

planting shelf so pond planting is complete after 15 years!

This morning, that planting basket contained a new lot of frog spawn.

Nature sure is going weird this year!

I take it you don't have any fish or newts eating the tadpoles then?

Doug.