Old 11-08-2012, 01:18 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Feeding During Extremely Hot Weather?

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 19:51:20 EDT, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

Our fish feed less in hot weather. I have not seen any studies on bugs and
heat. Our lettuce is going bananas and the hyacinth evidently have troubl
e competing. The hyacinths are yellow! When we pull a bunch of lettuce, t
he hyacinth improve some. This is the first time that has happened.

http://www.bioconlabs.com/nitribactfacts.html

"The temperature for optimum growth of nitrifying bacteria is between
77-86° F (25-30° C)."

At that upper end, like above 82F they do slow down. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us