Old 21-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Lovelawn's Avatar
Lovelawn Lovelawn is offline
Registered User

Location: Northamptonshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkey View Post
Hi Newbie here
I have just moved in to a new property and have a decent sized backed lawn
85' x 20'
I am after a petrol push mower I have a budget of £180 so wondered what to go for I was considering a mccullock with the 450 engine, but i have read that this is not a very reliable.
Would like pointing in the right direction please
Regards
Clarkey
Hi Clarkey,

I’m new here too!

I think the McCulloch M40-450C is quite a good buy. Looking at reviews for it people say it’s quite hardy. Others reviews mention that it’s light too – which is good for a petrol push mower; sometimes they can be heavy. If you look at this link you can compare prices: McCulloch M40-450C Push Rotary Petrol Lawn Mower 400mm Cut Width

There’s a few places listed there that sell them within your budget.

Like ryncharlton said, Honda mowers can be a good choice too - the Honda IZY HRG415PD is a petrol push mower and was rated a Which Magazine "best buy" but it’s a bit pricier than the McCulloch 450C (around £270 is the cheapest you can get it).

Hope that helps a bit!