Old 22-08-2012, 12:31 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_6_] JB[_6_] is offline

Default Tadpoles & algae

On 8/17/2012 8:17 AM, Red wrote:
On Aug 15, 8:20 pm, Phyllis and wrote:
The algae will eventually use up the nutrients, unless you have more adde

d by the stock. Have you though of any floating plants? They would
grab nutrients better than the algae yet they would not prevent your aminal
s from drinking.

That was on my "possibility" list. Would the plants by themselves be
any benefit without having moving water? What type would you
recommend for a trial? The most common water plant in this area are
water lillies but they have very large leaves - or is that what I need?

It doesn't sound like you have the room for water lilies. Do you have
access to Water Lettuce? That's a good grower.