Old 25-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Delilah Delilah is offline
Registered User

Location: Suffolk

[quote=Phyllis and Jim;967426]Try this link. ehow has a bunch of helpful pond stuff. Let us know what you think of their stuff.

Thank you....I cannot use any chemical because the pond is a fish-free wildlife pond, teeming with newts/tadpoles/frogs/diving beetles/nymphs etc.. We are also organic growers and never use any chemicals so it would go against our conscience to use anything unatural.
However, one of the links on the page you gave me gave advice..get the muck out of the bottom of the pond and put in barley straw, both of which I will do! I have fished huge bucketsful of the jelly out and the pond looks better, although it is still lurking in places. I have also fished out great amounts of vegetation..it is quite possible there was too much in there. Thank you again for your reply. XXX