Old 27-08-2012, 01:16 PM
pintspiller pintspiller is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trim My Bush View Post
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a lawn seed suitable for the shaded areas of my lawn? There is an area of lawn that does not get much sun at all and is prone to growing moss.

I have applied a spring feed/weed/moss killer two weeks ago and raked out the dead moss, now I need to reseed the area with a seed suitable for a shaded area. There seems to be quite a few brands available so I just wondered if there was a recognised good quality seed for shaded areas, I need to cover about 20sqm in total.
i use westland seed. depending on your mossy area, they do a "shady area" blend and also a "quality" blend. the quality blend is for shorter or creeping grasses that can tollerate closer mowing (not good if you are trying to discourage moss), but if you wish you could mow high and less often in the area as the height is appropraiate