Old 27-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Delilah Delilah is offline
Registered User

Location: Suffolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Remove some of the jelly blobs and put in a
jar of pond water. Bring into the house. Cover
the jar with some screening and a rubber band
lest the things hatch and come down the hallway
in the middle of the night (been there, done that).
If you have kids get out a magnifying glass and watch
them develop. When whatever hatches ID them via the
interwebz and let them go in the pond or other natural
waterway that is public.
k :-)
Umm....already been proved to be an horrible algae attack...not risking growing any in my house for fear of an alien invasion! I have scooped out masses of the stuff and removed half the plantlife in my pond...no more jelly has evolved and the water looks clear. Will clean out the pond in the Autumn..lots of stinky yuk at the bottom, together with rotting leaves may have contributed to this. At least the newts and frogs do not seem affected by the black/green jelly invasion. Thank you all for your help XXX