Old 29-08-2012, 09:37 AM
allen73 allen73 is offline
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyman View Post
Hi, I am a newby here.
Recently moved into a property with a 25 x 35foot lawn. Our guinea pigs are put on lawn in a run each day.
The lawn has a lot of weeds so needs a weedkiller application, also I supect it needs a feed.
Question, should I apply weedkiller before the feed or after.

The instructions for weedkiller say 'keep children & pets away from treated areas untill spray has dried".
Question2, will it be safe to put the guinea pigs on the grass after spray has dried, they eat only grass, not weed.
Guinea pigs eat grass, weeds (Such as dandelions) and clovers as much as they like. They actually love them! But grass treated with fertilizers or pesticides can be deadly for guinea pigs. Use caution when allowing the guinea pig to graze on fresh clover, grass and wild plants in the backyard. Make sure the plants have not been treat with any pesticides or herbicides. Also, keep the cavy away from any poisonous plants. Never feed grass clippings to guinea pigs as the fermenting grass can cause diarrhea, gas and sometimes death.
Fruit Trees