Old 29-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Lawn-Mower-Love Lawn-Mower-Love is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelawn View Post
Hi Clarkey,

I’m new here too!

I think the McCulloch M40-450C is quite a good buy. Looking at reviews for it people say it’s quite hardy. Others reviews mention that it’s light too – which is good for a petrol push mower; sometimes they can be heavy. If you look at this link you can compare prices: McCulloch M40-450C Push Rotary Petrol Lawn Mower 400mm Cut Width

There’s a few places listed there that sell them within your budget.

Like ryncharlton said, Honda mowers can be a good choice too - the Honda IZY HRG415PD is a petrol push mower and was rated a Which Magazine "best buy" but it’s a bit pricier than the McCulloch 450C (around £270 is the cheapest you can get it).

Hope that helps a bit!

My advice would be to not waste your money on a Mickey Mouse McCulloch!!!

They are junk which hardly any lawn mower dealer worth there salt will sell spare parts for or even work on! Speaks volumes about the product and after sales service. There is only 2 good budget mowers on the market at the moment that are near your price range.....

The Honda HRG415 PD - Honda HRG415PD - 16" Izy Push Mower - Lawnmower World

or

The Viking MB248 - Viking MB 248 - 18" Push Petrol Mower - Lawnmower World

Both of which have a massive dealer network for spare parts and after sales service (the Viking mower is produced by Stihl for those who didnt know) but if you must stray below these prices I would try and stick to a Mountfield Mower as they also have the best availability of spare parts and local dealers who are happy to help if you should have any problems.....

Hope that helps

Regards
L-M-L