Old 23-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Tsu Dho Nimh

Default Reblooming Irises have not started to grow - are they dead? :(

BillC wrote:

I'm West Michigan.

I planted in mid October 2002.

Too late ... planted way too late for irises in such a cold
climate. They need several warm months to get established before
winter hits.

But, of the 20 irises I planted, only one has green leaves starting to
grow out of the top. The other 19 still look completely dead... just
the brown dried out leaves on top from when I planted them.

Do these irises start growing later on, or should I chalk these ones
up as being duds?

Give them a couple of months, but they are probably dead.

Anyone know a good place to get reblooming irises online that will
actually grow?

Getting them from a local grower, whose varieties are proven to
thrive in your climate,is a better idea.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both