Old 11-09-2012, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Oasis (the flower arranging medium)

On 09/09/2012 23:49, Sacha wrote:

In flower arranging terms, I have never, ever in over 30 years found it
able to take up water once it has dried out. Indeed, if you keep it
wet, it's fine, used or unused. Dried out, forget it, used or unused.
I've tried both! I even treated our church to a whole new box of it
because I just could not stand being faced with dried out and useless
Oasis. If you soak some and don't use it, or if you want to preseve
some you have used, you MUST keep it wet!

Once I've got some spare time(!) I'll run a trial on it. My wife has a
box of the stuff she has never used. I'll weigh some a few minutes
after immersing and draining, let it dry (will a month be long enough?)
and immerse, drain, and weigh again. Should give a definitive answer as
to whether or not it will take up water after being allowed to dry.

--

Jeff