Old 14-09-2012, 12:49 PM
allen73 allen73 is offline
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Green View Post
A couple of years ago I took down a tree that was dying. I had the
stump ground down, but of course all the root structure is still
underground.

Since then, I've noticed a lot of what I think are mushrooms that I
can only describe as resembling cauliflower growing in that same area
of my lawn. When I Googled it, I found this:

Lawn fungus | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

which is exactly what I have.

First, please, don't anyone tell me that they're beautiful and helpful
and that I should leave them alone. They're going. Period. This my
damn front lawn.

To remove them, I end up taking out big divets of my lawn, and they
still grown back in different locations. Basically, each week before
I mow, I go around with a shovel and dig up the weeks growth of these
things.

Any thoughts on getting rid of them would be helpful.
ANY other input would not.
Cut your grass regularly and dispose all the leaves and clippings and make sure you keep your lawn area very clean. Water your lawn sparingly in the morning so that the water will get deep into the roots. Do not keep you lawn wet as mushrooms like moisture a lot. Remove all the organic compost material from your lawn because mushrooms grow faster when they get compostable material. Clear the decay woods or logs. Use proper chemical free fertilizer and make sure to balance the nitrogen levels in your soil. Do not feed too much nitrogen because it helps mushroom grow faster. Pick mushrooms regularly before they get too big.
Fruit Trees