Old 24-09-2012, 08:51 AM
allen73 allen73 is offline
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromore View Post
For the last 12-18months i've been getting really odd weeds that has taken over my lawn and in fact now, has badly messed it up that i shall need to sort out a new one.
I've never seen it before, and they are only growing in the lawn not flower beds.

It is like roots of a tree growing up. I've tried digging them out, but they go straight down about a foot and then shoot off sidewards and carrys on to god knows how far.
I notice the ground comes up in a large hill then after a while little shoots like spikes come up and they lead to these brown root like things.

I shall take some photos in a week or so as i have smashed them all down due to the dog hurting her paws on the spikes.
Just wanted a rough idea to google search and get an idea what i'm dealing with.

I'd really appreciate any help
Thank you for your time.
Get a gallon jug of white vinegar, you can alos use grocery store vinegar. Mix the vinegar with two tablespoons of liquid dish soap. The dish soap helps the vinegar to adhere to the weeds you are trying to kill. Spray the application int he morning in a day when it is going to be hot and sunny. This works quite well.

You can remove manually by wetting your lawn area. Allow your lawn to get wet for a long, so that it would be easy for you to remove manually.
Fruit Trees