Old 03-10-2012, 08:33 PM
CodeCruiser CodeCruiser is offline
Registered User

Default Soil Preparation For Turfing

Need some advice. I have been preparing my garden for laying turf. When I got keys of this property in march, rear half of this garden (before tree) was grass and front half was covered in p gravel with 3 small vegetable plots in between. I removed grass and gravel, dug the whole area 6-7 inches, tilled it and shifted soil from rear half to front half to make it level. I then dug and tilled the rear half again. Then I spent some time removing weeds, stones, etc and trying to level it. I am planning on laying the turf during last ten days of October.

- Does soil look level enough? There are small bumps and valleys. Would turf hide these?
- Is leaving soil like this for a few weeks before laying turf ok? Or would I need to rake it again?
Attached Thumbnails
Soil Preparation For Turfing-photo-3-.jpg