Old 19-10-2012, 03:01 AM posted to bionet.plants
Bradley K. Sherman Bradley K. Sherman is offline

Default leek reproduction

wrote:
On Thursday, September 8, 2005 4:37:12 AM UTC-5, ellieland wrote:
Hi i am not a gardener but i am a film maker making a film about leeks.
I know that leeks can also produce clones as well as seeds, but can
someone tell me if other plants do this? and why do some and not
others?

I am a computer scientist not a botanist. Yes, many other plants
both produce seeds and reproduce vegetatively.

Never ask a biologist "Why?"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_in_Biology_Makes_Sense_Except_in_the_Light _of_Evolution

--bks