Old 19-10-2012, 09:33 AM posted to aus.gardens
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default When do passionfruit flower in Sydney?

Farm1 wrote:
wrote in message
On 15/10/12 10:08, David Hare-Scott wrote:
terryc wrote:
We have had one in the ground(self sown black) for about two years
now, but there is no sign of flower buds.
Will these happen when the real summer sets in?
Should I add a bit of iron to make sure?

T.I.A.

A well grown vine ought to have fruit over quite a long period in the
warmer months with the heaviest fruiting in late summer. I am not sure
about the iron, why did you mention that?

Something on the ABC gardening site about burying a liver underneath it.
Never heard of it either until i read it there.

Long time old country way of planting passionfruit. I'd say the liver is
more like blood and bone than just iron. Or the old roadkill recipe - grab
roadkill, run through big mulching machhine, chuck in cardboard boxes to
clean machine, put all the mulch on bed.

same here, when an if do flowers appear, outer Sydney,are they self
pollinating/