Old 23-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Vox Humana

Default Keeping a Messy Garden

"CG" wrote in message
We used to live next door to what we lovingly termed "lawn nazis." After
mowing, husband and wife both would put on knee pads and crawl over their
yard on hands and knees uprooting every last little weed. The wife even
carried scissors! We never could figure them out.

Funny, but I have been referred to as a Lawn Nazi. I'm not sure why. I
have very small lawn in the front that I do try to keep orderly. I mow once
a week, run the edger and string trimmer, and water when it needs it. The
back lawn has more weeds than grass. There are at least three mole hills
out there right now. I see others who spend far more time on their lawns
than I do, but they do stupid things that cause more harm than good. There
are people who roll their lawns every springs. Then there are the people
who have the lawn services that drench the turn with chemicals every few
weeks. I guess that because my lawn looks better than theirs, they must
assume that I spend more time and effort than they do. It is amazing how
much good an inch of water does in August as opposed to 50 pounds of turf
builder with Haltz in April.