Old 21-11-2012, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Yet more proposed regulation - chickens this time

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message

Dogs are quite happy on a correct vegetarian diet.
My cousin feeds her dog (and fed the previous ones) on a mixture of raw
vegetables and a vegetarian dry dogfood.
Healthy, happy, very fit dogs.
It is unusual to see a dog regard a broccoli stalk as a treat though :-)

Offer them some meat versus the veggie diet and see what they prefer! In
the same way that I would not force meat on a pet rabbit because I eat meat
myself, I wouldn't force vegetarian preferences on my dogs. I actually
think this is bordering on cruelty.

Tina

So (as with some vegetarians) it is not being vegetarian that is the
issue, it is eating a balanced vegetarian diet.
Sounds as though the dog was not being fed enough.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder