Old 09-12-2012, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Getting a bit warmer. For today only.

On 09/12/2012 17:24, Baz wrote:
wrote in
:

On Sun, 09 Dec 2012 11:58:44 GMT, wrote:

A bit like an end of season sale.
Its quite warm in our garden now, even after last nights rain. Clear
blue sky with blinding sun.
The forecast is snow for the next few days here on N.Lincs. So better
make the most of it.

Baz

It wasn't bad here in Oldham - spent an hour and a bit out putting
wood chip on to paths and tidying up my plot.

Sounds like you are ahead, despite the wet and cold!
We spent the day collecting leaf's, (or is it leaves or leafs) planting
strawberry plants in wet soil, and turning over the compost heaps. The most
urgent jobs in this garden. That took us up to the last light. Lots more to
do. The garden looks a mess.
Can hardly wait 'till spring.

Good luck in Oldham
Baz

It's been quite pleasant here in SE London, and I've spent all day in
the garden, potting up bulbs and even potting on one or two desperate
plants trying to burst out of their pots. Spent quite a bit of time
trying to protect all the bulbs from squirrels :~(. I'd have got a lot
more done if the little ratbags would stay away. Nevermind, all sorted
now. I've still got lots of leaves to clear up and some roses to cut
back if we get another decent spell of weather to work in. (I'm not
averse to working in rain or icy weather, but I've got a cold just now,
so being more fussy).

It's raining lightly outside now, or so my damp cat tells me with her
muddy paws and wet fur! I'm not complaining; it will settle in my bulbs
and, for a while, keep the frost at bay.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London