Old 09-12-2012, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default Getting a bit warmer. For today only.

In article , Baz
writes
The garden looks a mess.

Same here! Managed to get someone with a Chiainsaw to take half one side
of the hawthorn hedges down by three feet to about 7 foot , judging that
that will give me a bit of leeway so i don't have to cut back to a
thickened stump of branches next year.

Iced and decorated four Christmas cakes for people and planted up
someone's front border so now back to print yet more calendars

Also went into our local garden centre Hildreth's which also has a sort
of ironmongers-petshop-cake-kitchenware-odds and ends place as well.
Spent far more there than wanted to , buying the naffest Christmas
toilet roll for someone who has everything plus yet more holly and robin
and stars cutters and edible colouring dye.
Did look in at garden centre part and thought I'd better get a bag of
grit/salt or i know I'll wish i had plus three boxes of pansies for
someone's door pots,

Only went to Hildreth's to look at Christmas trees but never got round
to getting one, completely forgot until halfway home
--
Janet Tweedy