Old 11-12-2012, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_6_] Baz[_6_] is offline

Default Getting a bit warmer. For today only.

wrote in news:krbcc8pkbam09ks176oegfl6ntbs5hshp7@
4ax.com:

On Sun, 09 Dec 2012 18:23:41 GMT, Baz wrote:

My daughter is living in Cricklewood(NW London) ATM and has a small
garden. She has squirrels nicking everything from the garden and bird
table, so she has had to stop feeding the birds.
Before that was Clapham...Squirrels
In February she will move to Hampshire. No squirrels. They eat them.
yukky. Tree rabbit.

I moved to the county nearly 40 years ago. While exploring the pubs of
the New Forest on, to paraphrase Private Frazer, a dark and stormy
night we arrived at one where upon entering the half dozen locals
looked distinctively startled and gave the impression that we should
not have been able to enter the bar they were in.
On top of a wood burning stove a pot was boiling away.A mate who was
never shy said "are you still serving food then?" Only if you like
squirrel stew said one local. This was the era that for most pubs food
was a pickled egg in a packet of crisps or a hot pie if it was
upmarket. It was a cold night and we were hungry. I honestly can't
remember enough to describe the flavour but that stew wasn't
unpleasant.

G.Harman

Shorter, a little poem would be.

Baz