Old 08-01-2013, 09:33 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Danny D.[_2_] Danny D.[_2_] is offline

Default Scotch Broom & Spanish Broom removal tips

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 20:15:22 +0000, Danny D. wrote:

Do you have any good tricks (like the one we already have for Scotch
Broom) for removing Spanish Broom in the wet winters?

Here for the record is how I removed the scotch & spanish broom.

1. The task was to weed about an acre of these weeds:

2. I first got below the weed on the hillside & grasped low:

3. Then I pulled DOWNWARD with all my strength, always downhill:

4. With the ground saturated by rain, the weeds came out:

5. As predicted, the Spanish Broom was the hardest to pull:

6. Some of the plant roots were as thick as a fat thumb:

7. However most of the thousand of plants pulled had thin roots:

8. And now the muddy hillside is devoid of the weed plants: