Old 18-01-2013, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default snow snow snow!

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 14:05:34 +0100, Martin wrote:

Here on the east coast we had about an inch over night, but have been
"promised" a blizzard this afternoon :-{

A blizzard is a snow shower with wind. :-)

To the media it is technically it's somewhat more that. Moderate snow
with wind in excess of F7 (Near Gale) and visibility reduced to less than
200m. "Moderate snow" is up to 4cm/hr. Note that wind speed, F7 is over
32 mph, that is pretty windy for many places. You really don't want to be
out in a true blizzard.

As for snow, what snow? Nothing fresh here. In fact we have less this
morning than we did last night as the overnight dry F4 (Moderate Breeze)
has been making the smattering we had sublime.

Currently fairly bright after dull start. Lazy(*) F4 SSE'ly -4.1C chill
around -15C.

(*)Lazy in that the wind doesn't go around you but straight through. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.