Old 21-01-2013, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Replacing Steps in Steep garden

"Melross" wrote in message

Hi I have a very steep hillside garden in Shropshire and have to replace
many of the original steps as they have collasped. We are thinking
about replacing them with old railway sleepers, but still unsure whether
this is the right choice. Any ideas as to what might be the best
solution. As I say it is a very steep, woodland garden with many steps!

--
Melross

Melross take a look here

http://www.myalbum.com/Album=MUKLG34Q

The first two pictures show the steps to our gardens. Now I am well aware
that this is not steep, but could the same principle be used, but the bricks
on end instead of on their side and filled between the steps with gravel?

A LOT of steps possibly, but they could be done a few at a time. Mine are
laid on a footings type of base so should outlast me ;-)

The steps would be long lasting and 'could' be quite attractive, depending
on point of view ;-)