Old 22-01-2013, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Replacing Steps in Steep garden

"Roger Tonkin" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

The first two pictures show the steps to our gardens. Now I am well aware
that this is not steep, but could the same principle be used, but the
bricks
on end instead of on their side and filled between the steps with gravel?

I would be very, very wary of using gravel on paths in
the garden. Definitely not in a veg garden, where you
walk with muddy boots, the gravel sticks and ends up
where you dont want it, mud falls from the
boots/wheelbarrow etc and encourages weeds to grow in
the gravel.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

Roger I couldn't agree more, but I think you will find that this is a
'Woodland Garden' and I am assuming grass either side.

Maybe I have it wrong, it has been known ;-)

Mike