Old 24-04-2003, 04:44 PM
Shiva

Default Keeping a Messy Garden

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:05:03 -0500, "CG"
wrote:

We used to live next door to what we lovingly termed "lawn nazis." After
mowing, husband and wife both would put on knee pads and crawl over their
yard on hands and knees uprooting every last little weed. The wife even
carried scissors! We never could figure them out.

I think there must be a certain thrill in this sort of perfectionism
that is nevertheless very hard to watch. If you think about it, there
are two kinds of perfectionism--the one achieved by taking things away
and another by adding.