Old 09-02-2013, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Kew Orchid Festival

"Bob Hobden" wrote...

Thank you, just getting used to a new camera, a proper one, so I have to
think again instead of it all being automatic.
Some of the baskets do look a bit bare especially at the bottom but they
hadn't finished all the displays so maybe they will do something about it.
The large tall towers are actually wrapped around the support columns for
the greenhouse.
The orchid in the hanging wooden box is Dendrochilum formosanum with white
flowers there is also one D. filiforme with yellow flowers.

On thinking about it those flowers on the Dendrochilum look too white even
for the white form of D. formosanum so I think it's more likely to be D.
glumaceum. Should have looked whilst there but I thought I knew what it was.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.