Old 17-02-2013, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Copper & slugs

wrote in message
Fuschia wrote:
is it ok to put a little piece of copper wire round a plant's stem to
keep them off? Or would it kill the plant? I've got some fruit bushes to
protect.

Don't put it round the stem. Make a ring of wire on the ground around
the plant. It works for me.

My neighbour uses stripped electrical wire around her hostas.

That's what we use, but it has to be newly stripped off as once it forms a
coating the effect is lost.

Mike