Old 24-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Elizabeth

Default Best way to mark plants for later transplanting?

Hi all,

I've got a bed of bearded iris that are blooming now. There are 2 colors.
This Fall, I want to weed out one of the colors. I previous tried tying yarn
around the ones I wanted to remove when they were in bloom, but when I went
to dig them out in the Fall, the yarns had all disappeared. Does anyone have
a better method for marking? The rhizomes are pretty crowded, so I need to
be precise. The foliage dies back but stays there to some extent. Any/all
ideas appreciated.

Thanks,
Elizabeth