Old 24-04-2003, 11:56 PM
Trish K.

Default Keeping a Messy Garden

Dwight Sipler wrote:

Vox Humana wrote:

Funny, but I have been referred to as a Lawn Nazi. I'm not sure why...

Someone put a column in our local paper last year with a test that would
tell you if you were a lawn nazi. I took the test and found out that I'm
an extremist (in the other direction -- I scored 5 out of the 100 that
indicated your status as a lawn nazi). My lawn gets mowed 3-4 times a
year, whether it needs it or not. It hasn't seen fertilizer or
(non-natural) watering in 20 years. I drive and park on it. I plow snow
off it in the winter, scalping large sections in the process. In the
spring I throw some grass seed on the scalped sections and forget it.
It's green because the weeds are green as well as the grass.

My neighbor has a lawn service that comes in once or twice a week and
mows the lawn. They cut it short. In the dry summer last year my long
grass was green and their short manicured lawn was brown.

You are way cool, please speak with these crazies in that thread that
discusses using power tools to direct rocks at their face in order to
obtain a finely edged lawn.

(just spent hours and hours getting shredded mulch then raking some
leaves in, on top, to hide my shame and play woodlands, then there are
other extreames)