Old 25-04-2003, 12:56 AM
Charles P. Woolever

Default Mowing wet grass?

They may WANT to cut in the rain to preserve profit, but as a homeowner
or office park landlord, I don't want my lawn to look like crap.
Basically the guys zip by at full throttle, pouring rain. The grass is
not clumpy afterwards because I think very little was even cut. Ona dry
day, the sidewalks are covered until they come by and blow it off. On a
wet day, the sidewalks have almost no grass on them.

So far as the difficulty in catching up for the week, my preference
would be if my lawns are cut on Tuesday and it's pouring, skip the week
completely and start again next week. Now that does cut into profit.

Charles

In article ,
wrote:

"Peter H" wrote:
The lawn care companies have a difficult time turning away business. They
know that they shouldn't cut in the rain, but better to do that than not
cut the lawn that week.

Peter H

You -must- cut in the rain,if you do it for profit.

--
Charles P. Woolever

http://ny.existingstations.com Existing Stations in NYS