Old 07-05-2013, 12:32 AM posted to triangle.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default 2013 vegetable garden

On Friday, May 3, 2013 10:23:57 AM UTC-4, Daniel B. Martin wrote:
A late spring and wet soil delayed our 2013 garden planting.

We have Sugar Snap peas, tomatoes, and eggplants in place. Lost a

couple of tomatoes to transplant shock but the eggplants are looking good..

Daniel B. Martin

I am south east of the triangle and live on a lake. The winds out of the North and the cold have made my pepper plants very unhappy. We have not had the rain you have had. The cucumbers and squash are getting a slow start but are hanging in there. Things are looking better for tomorrow so I can weed and put some fertilizer out.
A while back there was some talk of doing away with road side produce stands because they were not regulated. Have you ever heard anything like this or know anything about it? I had a favorite stand that was open year round near Clinton and it is now closed. Are Farmers Markets the only place for produce now I wonder.?

MJ