Old 24-05-2013, 06:43 PM posted to aus.gardens
John Savage John Savage is offline

Default Possums!!!

Jeßus writes:
One thing I have found effective is a mixture of lard and kero - I
wiped some around my young silver birches trunks (and any nearby
posts) and 6 months later, no further damage thus far.
But I can't do that to every tree, of course.

I've heard Graham Ross say that he is having 100% success in keeping
possums off the fruit trees in his garden with ultrasonic horns. If
you look at some web sites you'll see these are large impressive
speakers, so they probably put out quite a screech to disuade the
inquisitive possum.

I suppose the device needn't be operating while the sun is shining, with
possums being usually nocturnal.

I'll take note next time when he mentions the manufacturer of the
unit he is using.