Old 29-05-2013, 08:38 AM
thomaspoul's Avatar
thomaspoul thomaspoul is offline
Registered User

Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S[_2_] View Post
Hello,

I just inherited a 9-year-old bonsai maple tree. It's about 8 inches
high and has a trunk and branches and leaves and everything. What I
want to know is, what can I expect of an 8 inch tree that has spent
its' whole life on a shelf close to a window?

Like, will its' leaves turn red then drop off (and I should get a tiny
little rake and burn them in a tiny little burn barrel in the fall? ;-)
Then stay dormant until spring and watch the new leaves come out and be
all bushy green again?

This really is something I want to keep even maybe forever because it
was my Uncles' and he was kind of special and well you knowŠ

I guess I just want to know what to expect.

Thank you,
Mike S

You need to have some more time to spend with your tree.