Old 31-05-2013, 01:43 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank Frank is offline

Default Adding Small Amount of Gas with 2 Cyle Oil Mix to Gas for Lawnmower

On 5/30/2013 11:34 AM, wrote:
Hi,

I recently got rid of my gas powered weed wacker. I plan on buying a
36V rechargeable weed wacker.

I have a quart of gas with 2 cycle engine oil mixed. I want to get rid
of this gas. Is it harmful to pour a little of this gas into my lawn mower
gas?

Thank You in advance, John N3AOF

Lawnmower dealer advised me not to do this when I traded in my 2 cycle
mower for a 4 cycle mower. I had two cans of gas with oil and gave one
to a neighbor and have been using up the other in my weed wacker and
chain saw. I added Sta-bil and its been a few years and gas is still good.