Old 24-06-2013, 04:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
Hench Hench is offline

Default Miracle Grow?

On 6/22/2013 7:45 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Friday, June 21, 2013 3:42:46 AM UTC-7, mj wrote:
I seem to be having better luck using Miracle Grow instead of 10 10 10. My question is does it have to diluted and poured at the plant base or because I have an irrigation system can I just sprinkle some around it? Has anyone tried this? Would it burn the plant even if it does not come in direct contact with the plant?

With the installation of the electric fences things are growing well, I just would like to optimize the season. Thanks for any help or ideas.

I am not a huge fan of Miracle-Gro. I prefer to modify the soil to make/keep it healthy. I do sometimes use fertilizer from a reputable nursery,

but more often work in compost (distrib. free by the city. I used to make my own but took the lazy way out. Am a big fan of Worm Castings, which are a powdery amendment generated from the hard work of our little friends toiling away under the ground.

Please follow the directions on the Miracle-Gro box/bag to get answers to your questions about application. I use MG very seldom and am careful to follow directions about diluting. I would NOT sprinkle.

HTH

HB

When I was young and dumb I sprinkled Miracle grow once, and things died.

Follow the directions on the Miracle grow bottle/box