Old 25-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Jim Miller

Default Help with CO2 Tank System and Eclipse Filter/Hood

i found that removing the biowheel raised the co2 level by about 5ppm. i was
using diy but with the same approach as you on a system 3.

your co2 bottle will do better.

good luck

jtm

--
Remove NOSPAM for email replies
"Bill Beam" wrote in message
I purchased a 5lb tank of CO2 and a regulator. I cut a small hole in
the bottom of my incoming filter pipe. I ran a hose from the
regulator to the bottom of the intake pipe. The pipe is clear and I
can tell I've got about 2-3 bubbles per second CO2. The intake pipe
goes through impeller - sprayed out onto mechanical filter and then
into biowheel. Does this sound like an adequate CO2 setup? Do you
think the bubbles will get diffused correctly in the impeller? On a
20g tank, could someone estimate the ph drop I might see at the rate
of CO2 I'm putting in? Thanks