Old 25-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Steve Harris

Default What I've learnt about Radishes

1. The amount of foliage is a VERY poor guide to the progress of the
bulb.

2. The ones I planted mid-January under cloches produced much more
foliage than later ones. I've just had a large and tender "Saxa" sown
early March with only about 3" leaves.

3. With the round ones, push the leaves to one side to see the top of
the bulb bulging out of the soil. Very easy to estimate the size of the
whole bulb

4. With a round one like Saxa, the leaves, bulb and stringy root are
clearly defined and easy in the kitchen.

5. "Long White Icicle" does taste nicer but lacks all the practical
advantages mentioned above.