Old 09-07-2013, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Taking cutting of alder

On 08/07/2013 22:02, kay wrote:
'Jeff Layman[_2_ Wrote:
;987131']
I think you owe the OP an apology. He posted on Saturday (6th) asking
what "wounded" meant. Charlie replied on Sunday. The OP replied early
today with "...and the first cuttings went in on Friday, and they are
still alive. Lacking advice on what "wounded" meant, I simply dipped the

ends into rooting powder". So he had already made his first cuttings on

Friday, before he asked what "wounded" meant.

Besides which, his post re rooting powder was at 8.14 and Charlie's
reply on wounding wasn't posted until 8.32.

The post I replied to was sent 08/07/2013 08:14
Charlies posting was sent 07/07/2013 08:23
A day after Charlkies post so no excuse for not acknowledging Charlies
reply to his question.