Old 25-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Shiva

Default Keeping a Messy Garden

dave weil wrote:

Well, I broke down.

I bought Don Juan.

Yay!

Rescued it from WalMart. $6.97

Boo! If it didn't have a bloom on it, there's no telling what you have!

Shiva just wore me down chuckle.

Excellent, just excellent! I am nothing if not persistant, you know! You
will not be sorry. It is a great rose.

I planted it in my messy yard on the other side of the sidewalk from
Sombreuil and my messy side porch.

Red and white. Can't go wrong. Very nice! (Damn near haiku, eh?)

And I couldn't afford to spend a lot of money on a trellis so I bought
one that's only 4 ft. tall. I figure that I'll buy two more over the
season and put them next to this one and train the Don Juan to grow
laterally. Maybe I'll just keep adding trellises as it expands and end
up with a wall of Don Juan next to the sidewalk.

Hey, Dave, didn't I see some chain link fence in your yard? It's the best
to grow roses on.

I'll try to post photos in the coming days.

Super!

Portland From Glendorra now has 3 fully opened blooms and about 20
bloom clusters with 4 -5 buds per cluster. if I remember last year,
the side buds don't open until the center bud is just about finished.
that's going to be one fragrant area of the yard because it's only
about 6 feet from Aloha, which is highly fragrant when in full bloom.

Makes me wish for a scent snapshot. Just what we need, a new invention!

It's cold and rainy today and I am hibernating before a busy weekend. Nice
and cozy!