Old 20-07-2013, 03:00 AM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
[email protected] iriscohen116@gmail.com is offline

Default Chinese Elm Bonsai problem :(

I hope I am not answering too late. Perhaps you have already found the solution. Your mistake was to put the tree suddenly from indoors out in the sun.. Like an unsuspecting tourist, it got sunburned. You should have put it out in the shade & then gradually in full sun. I hope you are still keeping it outdoors. Leave it out until the night temperatures go below freezing. Then find a cold protected location where it can remain dormant over the winter. In the spring, put it outside as soon as the buds swell. Then you will not have a sunburn problem.
Iris