Old 25-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Tim Fischer

Default Servicing sprinkler systems

"Patch" wrote in message
Does anyone here winterize their own sprinkler systems. I vowed this year

learn how do it myself. I have an air-compressor, but I'm not sure what
pressure setting to use. I don't want to blow the sprinkler heads up! When
they first started coming out to winterize it was only $50, now it's up to
$80, who knows what it will be in the future. I have an 8 zone system

with
5 outlets on each zone.

You need low pressure and high volume-- something the standard "at home"
compressor isn't very good at producing.

Do a "google groups" search and you'll find some postings about this topic.
Some have had luck doing it themselves.

-Tim